Here’s our take on a refreshing summer drink! We love drinking herbal tea, but it’s nice to opt for something refreshing on those hot days. Make your next batch of sangria unique by adding rose, hibiscus, and elderberries for an antioxidant boost.
• 1 orange
• 2 cups of strawberries
• 2 tbsp of honey - we love Babe’s !
• 1 btl of rosé, chilled or choose your favourite white or red wine
• ⅓ cup brandy or Grand Marnier
• 1 handful fresh mint leaves, optional but recommended!
• ½ lemon, sliced
• 1 tbsp of dried rose petals - floral flavour profile
• 2 tbsp of dried hibiscus - tangy flavour profile
• 2 tbsp of elderberries - sweet + tart flavour profile
• Sparkling water (optional), we love Sparkmouth!
• Boil 4 cups of water.
• Add the boiling water to the rose, hibiscus, and elderberries and steep them covered for 15 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature.
• Slice the strawberries and the orange (leaving the skin on). Add the fruit to a pitcher, sprinkle with sugar or honey and stir ingredients together. Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes at room temperature so the fruit can break down.
• After 20 minutes, pour the wine and brandy into the pitcher. Add the mint and lemon rounds.
• Strain the herbs and add the herbal infusion to the pitcher.
• Stir and refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
• Pour the sangria into ice filled glasses, top with sparkling water and fruit.
Tip: To avoid the fruit from getting soggy, refrigerate for a maximum of 4 hours! Make it bubbly by adding a splash of sparkling water or more to dilute the concentration.
Get 10% off Your Next Purchase
Subscribe to our newsletter to get 10% off your next purchase.
You'll also be the first to receive the latest on wellness information, newest releases and sales.